Friday, October 15, 2010

Quirky Stuff


Just wanted to share some of the quirky stuff C.S. comes up with that I just love. Yesterday he brought home a science test. He did very well. He was excited not only to share his grade with me, but also his answer to the last question:
If you were in a forest all day and all night, what would you see? Write 4-5 sentences that will describe a forest. Make sure to include the living and nonliving things you will see.


His response was dotted with his personally created set of punctuation marks, a few music notes and was full of word and sound repetitions that didn't exactly form meaningful sentences. He sang it to me. How amazing.

"That was beautiful, honey. But do you think your teacher understood what all your punctuation marks mean. Not everyone knows those."

"She does. I sang it to her."

So glad to know that not only did she give him full credit for his answer, that she listened as he sang it to her. A science test in song. I love it.

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful is that! Science in a song!
    I'm so glad to hear that his teacher listened and gave him full credit! Awesome!

    I just stumbled upon your blog and thought I'd say hello. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great teacher. We could do with a few more like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maria, I do feel fortunate he has such an understanding teacher. They are rare and special.
    Thanks for the hello!

    LizC

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog