Saturday, February 11, 2012

Two Exceptions do not make Average

I ran across a quote today on Hoagies' Gifted Education's web site that resonated hugely with me and our experience:
“While parents of all children who are not in the mainstream do not have an easy time in our society, the fact that 2e children’s disabilities mask their giftedness, and their giftedness masks their disabilities, makes it incredibly hard to get the “experts” to listen and to understand that you can’t just average the two and say this is an average child.” − Joan Affenit
How I wish I had this in my arsenal of knowledge when facing off against Mrs. Wall back in CT. Ah, but move on, move on. And we have, to a much better place with a much more understanding school system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog